Pencil and Paper is an experience design company specializing in complexity. We focus on biotech, fintech, startups, and enterprise software. Starting from designer roots, our culture reflects that as we form nimble, collaborative teams.
As a Design Intern, you have a passionate interest and/or academic foundation in the psychology of technology and user behaviour as well as research methodologies. You are looking to grow under the mentorship of an enterprise, research-focused design company. You are curious, resourceful and are diligent with your responsibilities. You will be engaged in learning and practicing under the mentorship of our Sr UX Designers on both real enterprise projects, such as interviews, mapping and insight distillation, as well as internal initiatives, such as creating branded materials for presentations/social media or writing and editing content for our website and marketing needs.
- You will be learning, practicing and assisting Sr Designers on UX projects, specifically in the area of enterprise UX. This involves research methodologies such as user interviews, mapping, and distilling of information.
- Creating ad hoc design and brand material (static images, gifs, presentations)
- Write and edit content for our website and social media
- Attending and participating in meetings such as 1-on-1s, sprint planning and retros
- Graduate of a post-secondary program (preferably in design, psychology, or communications)
- Passion for user experience, interaction design and information architecture
- Excellent creative, analytical and process-oriented skills, as well as verbal and written skills
- Strong capabilities in technical writing, copywriting and editing
- Has experience with Figma and Google Suite
- Ability to build working relationships across teams in a collaborative, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Has a friendly, collaborative attitude with both humility and a thirst to learn
- Please send your resume and a short email about why this position interests you to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a sample of any of the follow: a spreadsheet, user research artifact, information design, or complex documentation that showcases clear communication and an understanding information hierarchy needs
Pencil and Paper is a user experience design company that works in the domains of biotech, genomics, agriculture, employee UX, Fintech and Startups. We aim to disrupt the typical business model for companies like us by creating a scalable offering focused on delivering user experience research insights (as a subscription offering). Our long term vision is to focus entirely on emerging technologies and novel behaviours to create a more human-centred society.
We’re looking for a digital designer for the fall (May 2022-Sep 2022) to work with us, in-person (at our beautiful coworking space KWENCH) or remotely (our team has members in Vancouver, Sunshine Coast, and Montréal).
This position may be funded by the Digital Skills for Youth Program.
Pencil and Paper is an is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.